What is Coliving? The Complete Common Coliving Guide
Welcome to your one-stop hub for coliving. Here, you’ll find all the information you need on the following topics:
- What is coliving?
- Moving to a brand new city
- Living with roommates
- Designing a home
If you know anyone moving to a new city, apartment hunting, or even considering coliving, send this guide to them. It’ll save them a ton of time and headaches.
What is coliving?
- What exactly is coliving
- A brief history of coliving
- Explaining coliving, from an architectural design perspective
- The top 4 things you need to know about coliving
- 5 things you’ll want to know about coliving
- Your biggest questions about coliving answered
- What is the application process like for Common?
- What it’s like to move into Common
- What’s included in the rent at Common?
- Types of coliving: studios, microunits, coliving, traditional
- How does coliving differ from traditional rentals?
- How renewing your lease works at Common
- How to transfer from one Common home to another
The coliving experience
- What community means at Common
- New York Times profiles Newlyweds at Common Havemeyer
- A day in a life with LeeAnn Webster
- Meet a member: Misti Schindele
- Meet a member: Gabe Guzman
- Meet a member: John
- Meet a member: Rachel Quint
- Meet a member: Malachi Lee
- Meet a member: Mavreen Smiel
- Meet a member: Alison Schiffer
- Meet a member: Robert Arrendondo
Moving to a new city
Finding an apartment
- All the leasing professionals you need to know
- What fees are involved with moving?
- What do I look for when choosing an apartment?
- How much should I be spending on rent?
- What are some basic leasing laws I should know about?
- What’s the average rent in major cities?
- What are the different types of apartments?
- Housing options for international students
How to move
- Lifehacks: Moving to a city in the spring
- Lifehacks: Moving to a city in the summer
- Lifehacks: Moving to a city in the fall
- Lifehacks: Moving to a city in the winter
- Adjusting to a brand new city
- Beginner’s guide to New York City
- Beginner’s guide to San Francisco
- Beginner’s guide to LA
- Beginner’s guide to Chicago
- Beginner’s guide to Seattle
- Beginner’s guide to Washington, D.C.
Living with roommates
- Your guide to living with roommates
- How dating works when you have roommates
- How do I avoid a bad roommate situation?
- 5 says to deal with a bad roommate
- How to deal with roommate conflict
- Living with roommates as an introvert
Lessons from roommates
- What living with roommates is actually like
- Why it’s important to know your neighbors
- What living with roommates has taught me
Designing a home
Modern design tips
- Where to find cheap, quality furniture
- Small space design solutions
- Have fun with neutrals
- Decorating shared spaces tips from Sophie Wilkinson
- How to personalize your room
- 3 helpful tips for designing your space
- Re-energizing your space
- Creative IKEA hacks you can achieve