Apartment hunting is no simple task. Apartment hunting while in the midst of Covid-19? Unchartered territory. Fear not: Common is here to help Chicago’s medical students find flexible and affordable housing in these uncertain times. Our newest Chicago building, Common Addams, is perfectly located on the border of the Illinois Medical District and Pilsen–neighborhoods that thousands of medical students call home. Within short distances to Chicago’s leading medical schools and universities, these students can take advantage of quick and easy commute times, and attainable prices. Rent starts at $859/mo.
- University of Illinois at Chicago: 17-minute walk or 12-minute train
- Rush University: 18-minute walk or 11-minute train
- Illinois College of Medicine: 25-minute walk or 20-minute train
- University of Chicago: 16-minute drive
- Columbia College Chicago: 12-minute drive or 29-minute train
- Northwestern Medical Center: 16-minute drive
- Stritch School of Medicine: 20-minute drive
- Depaul University: 24 minutes by train
We know financial decisions can be especially anxiety-inducing at this time. That is why we’re offering special rates at Common Addams this summer:
- Two months free of rent and six months free of parking
- Students will receive a $500 Amazon gift card concession upon move-in
Committing during uncertain times can be scary, and a year-long lease may not feel like the most ideal option. Common Addams offers students flexible lease lengths as short as three months with the option for renewal, which means commitment-phobes can opt for our rentals without the added pressure of signing rigid lease agreements. Common provides fully furnished, all-inclusive suites for students who are focusing on their studies and don’t need the extra stresses that come with finding an apartment. Each bedroom at Common Addams consists of a full-sized bed, nightstand, and lamp ready upon move-in. Kitchens, too, come fully equipped with a drip coffee maker, tea kettle, and drawers stocked with utensils. As a member of Common, household goods such as toilet paper, a recent in-demand staple, will always be available, and our professional weekly cleaning services stock up on household supplies as they tidy up the suite’s shared living spaces.