Discover what a day in the life is like for Jessica Lazo, a Property Accounting Supervisor based out of our New York City office. Keep reading to learn more about her experience, and head to www.common.com/careers to learn more about our company, our values, and how you can join our team.
Hi Jessica! What does your day-to-day look like working for Common?
The main goal of my role is to provide clear, error-free financials to our real estate partners. Since we look at our financials on a monthly basis, my tasks vary depending on the day of the month. I’m normally either preparing for month-end close or working on month-end. However, helping my teammates is always the highlight of my day! I love sharing my knowledge and techniques with others so that our entire team can grow stronger.
What’s your favorite part about being a Property Accounting Supervisor?
Common is changing the game in the real estate industry and it’s an honor to be able to contribute and be part of the success! Knowing that my work at Common is helping change the way people live, and it motivates me to work hard towards our company goals.
It’s truly a rewarding feeling to work for a team that values hard work and shows appreciation. My team has great leaders who take interest in ensuring that the team is doing well and has all the tools to succeed within their role.
How has your role changed since you started at Common?
My first week at Common was slightly overwhelming since the Finance team utilized so many different systems simultaneously, and none that I had ever used in my past experience. However, I was super eager to learn the systems and now I train our new team members on how to use them!
In my current role, I’ve taken on additional responsibilities as the team continues to grow. Common has given me the opportunity to achieve the next level within my career, and I couldn’t be happier. I’m excited for the future and for the continuous growth of the company and team.
Some fun stuff:
- Favorite hobby? I enjoy dancing. From time to time, my daughter and I have dance battles in my living room.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A Registered Nurse.
- Favorite team virtual outing? I would have to say it’s the happy hour trivia that I never win!
- Favorite place? Anywhere in the world where I can watch a beautiful sunset or sunrise, preferably by the beach.
- Favorite Common home? My favorite home is definitely Common Grand. I love the super comfy lounge area in the basement.